6 MAY 2018
4PM - 5.45PM
I AM PEACE MEDITATION IS FOR EVERYONE and ANYONE THAT WANTS TO SLOW DOWN AND FEEL CALM.
Meditation is one of the great gifts of yoga.
In a society that is on information overload meditation is a welcomed relief for it's simplicity in technique. What becomes challenging is the mind and the body and their willingness to comply to less rather than more.
Even just 10 minutes a day can make a world of difference. A study conducted by Moore, Gruber, Derose, & Malinowski, 2012 showed that a daily practice as brief as 10-minutes can result in more efficient cognition and better self-regulation.
Meditation is not easy at all. The sitting. The stillness. It takes time, preparation and practice to get to a place of comfort with it. I AM PEACE is a method presented by Adriana Cortazzo that adapts traditional yogic practices presented in a creative and explorative approach. If you need to quieten your mind and are clueless to how you're going to convince your body to co-operate, then give this workshop a go. The only guarantee here is that you will laugh at lot in an environment that you feel at home in.
THIS WORKSHOP IS BROKEN DOWN INTO THREE SECTIONS
1. FOR YOUR BODY:::: We begin our workshop with very light and gentle movements with the specific intent to free up your body and elongate the spine enough to feel lighter, relaxed and decompressed.
2. FOR YOUR MIND:::: You will explore deep relaxation in a quiet and calm environment that is designed to prepare you for sitting in stillness happily. Your mind will thank you for the break. Trust me, everyone loves this bit.
3. FOR YOUR HEALTH::: You will be guided with a specific yogic traditional technique to assist you to maintain exclusive focus on the meditation.
The technique will be simple to grasp and easy for you to implement in your daily living.
"The body benefits from movements, and the mind benefits from stillness"
- Sakyong Mipham
WHO CAN DO THIS
- Everyone and Anyone... even if you're not stressed! I AM PEACE is time out for you!
- No previous yoga experience necessary
WHAT TO EXPECT
The aim for this session is peace.
To become friends with it.
To love it and learn how to live with it permanently.
If you can breathe, you qualify!
DOING THIS WORKSHOP MEANS
- deep relaxation guaranteed
- learning gentle movements for less tension
- breathing better
- finding peace
- sweeter sleep
- feeling more like you
- understanding how to do it for yourself
- and possibly the deal breaker (drum roll please)... feeling really calm.