New to yoga or new to our studio?
We love to support new students integrate into the yoga system.
As a new student to The INTUITIVE Room you can start off by registering for our $22 for 11 days of unlimited drop-in-classes pass. That will give you a good sample of what The INTUITIVE Room can offer you. This pass is only for drop-in-classes and excludes courses, workshops and intensives. Then your next step will be to book into our next 'Learn Yoga Course'. Try and attend every class of that course and you will be on your way to understanding the basic foundations of a yoga practice. After that we recommend that you attend up to three yoga sessions a week. That could come in the form of a meditation course, or a regular drop-in-class or two and perhaps try a workshop once in a while to further your experience of yoga.
Book your $22 for 11 days
Stop by our 'Learn Yoga Course' page to see when the next start date begins. In this class you are guided every step of the way and by the end of the course you will feel like a natural born yogi.
What do I wear? Wear something that feels light and relaxed and you can move with ease in. Always bring a jumper. You might need it for your final poses as your body begins to cool down.
What do I bring? Always bring a towel. Not only to wipe yourself down but also to wipe down your mat too. We have mats at the school but you might want to have your own.
What is Yoga? This question is vast, but maybe a simple answer is to think of Yoga as a tool that is designed to teach us how to recognize who we are. Yoga in its completeness is a way of life that allows for total transformation. The asanas (poses) re-introduce us to our bodies. Once we become friends with the physical, going inward to the spiritual becomes easier. Yoga is like a torch. It lights our way, sparking the memory that we are first and always an aspect of the divine. This beautiful system is more than 5,000 years old, tried and tested. It works! I know...
What does Om mean? Om is the voice of silence. If there was ever a first sound it is believed that OM was that sound. Om is the home of the entire existence and is the seed and essence of all. It represents - manifestation, growth, perfection and completion. At THE INTUITIVE Room Om starts and ends most sessions.
Is yoga a religion? No it is not. It goes beyond religion and is complimentary to all religions.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your class starting so you have time to settle in
- If you haven't already booked and payed for your session online then please arrive 15-20 minutes before your class is due to start so that your teacher can register you into our system
- Introduce yourself to the teacher and let them know of any injuries/illnesses current and past
- Avoid eating food 2 to 3 hours before your class time
- Please switch your phone off
- Leave your class quietly as there are therapies going on upstairs
- If there is a class in progress please wait in the stairwell until it has ended
- No extensions on passes
- No make-up sessions for missed classes within a course system
- Be kind and honest with yourself while you practice
- Be respectful of our space and our equipment
- Always bring a towel to every class and wipe down the studio's mat after you have finished with it
- Smile and relax in our beautiful studio
Click here for our full Terms and Conditions.